Wrapping up the boom of the cigar
The cigar boom that swept the nation in the late 1990’s has befallen the same fate as every other boom in history where it died and left a cynical unhappy populace in its wake. In the today’s climate it seems not only is the George Burn’s doctor getting involved but also neighbours, children and TV personalities are involving in the boom of the cigar. However those of us that have been in the cigar industries for years are not fretting and if you take a step towards back and observe the true nature of the cigar boom you can realize that it’s simply a population where people getting excited about the new idea. The coffee boom, wine boom and internet boom are no exceptions.
In this new age of the information and technology many cultures and the traditions all over the world are accessible with the click of a mouse and there is a lot of territory is available to discover. The culture of the cigars had its turn but it does not only mean its boom but its bust which means the boom has allowed the cigars to enter into the cultural psyche of the Americans and remain there even after the settles of dust. As the cigar culture entered the American mind, there was a proliferation in the internet businesses and cigar bars. The boom is over but the cigars in America have entered into the renaissance at the end of the result and there are more high quality and the handmade cigars are available in the market at cheaper price than ever before.
How the cigars are manufactured
The cigars are manufactured by considering the many factors like its strength, size, Drying, shading, Bunch pressing, the bunching machine. The cigars are made in two ways one is in the traditional way called handmade cigars and other one is by using the machines. The following are the factors that are considered for manufacturing the cigars. They are.
· Cigar strength – The cigars are classified as the little or mild, medium or full bodied. The body of the cigar refers to the impact the smoke is supposed to enter into the mouth and it is difficult to measure its impact because it is subjective to the perception which the reason of the cigars body type. The cigar makers know that what type of the tobacco should be used for achieving the desired level of the impact smoke from the cigar. The difficult in the manufacturing the cigar lies in blending to get the balance between the taste and the aroma of the cigar.
· Cigar size – Cigars are measured by diameter and by length. The diameter size called the ring gauge is measured by 64th of one inch and the length is measured by inches unit. A 50 8 5 cigar has a ring gauge of the 50 times 1/64 inch and is 5 inches long.
In fact for the better quality of the handmade cigars make use of some tools like bunching machine which improves the construction and when these above factors are considered while manufacturing the cigars then it will be good in its quality.
About the cigar Accessories
The bunch of the cigar accessories is available on the market and you need to know about the cigar accessories and knowing these items would separate you from the inexperienced cigar smokers. The following are the some of the cigar accessories they are.
· Art of storing cigars – Humidors are very important cigar accessories without this your cigars would lose their moisture and it will end up with a very bitter drag and
stale. In which the most of the humidors comes with a humidification and hygrometer system because the taste of the most cigars becomes better in a certain temperature and humidity level.
· Cutting your cigar with poise – Instead of tearing the tip of the cigar with your teeth you should cut off it by using the cigar cutter accessory and when you use this you will be viewed as a separate person from the inexperienced cigar smokers.
· Portable storage – If you are a person who always carries the cigar in your pocket then it is better to get a cigar tube and this accessory will help you to keep your cigar fresh and retains its moisture.
How to keep your cigar in perfect condition
For people who smoke cigars it can become something obsession and overtime the cigar smokers often develop a precise rituals that they adhere to every time they smoke the cigar and it will be quite pedantic about how they store their cigars. If you are not privy to this obsession of the smoking the perfect cigar then you should probably understand the need of the cigar humidor. The basic purpose of the cigar humidor is to store and protect the cigars where many of the cigar enthusiasts believe that the cigars need to be stored at a precise temperature for maintaining their peak flavor and the taste. That’s what the cigar humidor exactly does by maintaining a constant temperature in the place where the cigars are stored. The range of the Fahrenheit should be 68 and 70 degree and the humidity level should be controlled around 70 – 72% for the perfect cigars.
The one essential feature of the cigar is that it must be completely closed once the lid is shut. If the lid is not secure and snug then it’s possible that the temperature of the humidity inside the cigar will fluctuate. A lid that is tight will prevent the other outside elements that contaminating the cigars and the moisture exchange. It’s also useful to have the fittings inside the humidor for assisting the store place of the cigars. You can also choose from a variety of the interior linings but the cedar is generally preferred and the Spanish cedar is the best among them. If you want to maintain the integrity, color and the flavor of your favorite cigars then the cigar humidor is the essential one for all these